Thursday, September 29, 2011

Last one of September!!!

I feel that a lot of people expect a lot of me out of life. I try to be funny with friends, try to sound smart in bible study, and try to keep my happy face on at all times. I’ve recently discovered I’m very good at these performances but they aren’t me. I’m usually not that funny, I don’t have much at all to give in bible study, and there have been plenty of times where I just want to fall apart. I think this is true of a lot of people. We all try to be other people depending on our peers. We try to fit in with our friends; try to be smart in class (whether by talking a lot or not speaking at all), and we try to act strong like nothing affects us. We are a people who want to be accepted by all. We need to be a people who want to be accepted by the One. Saying how to perform for Him is to easy. It’s just simply acting in a way that pleases Him and wanting His will for us. If only acting that out was that easy. I honestly don’t know how to perform just for God and I’m not even sure it’s possible but I think we all need to make the attempt and find that path on our own.
Q’s
            1) How can we be sure of God’s calling (secondary) for us?
            2) What separates a good daydream from a bad one besides the obvious of if it glorifying to God or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment