Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tis the end of the book. sad, I was starting to love it.

Here be the words of Shane slathered upon a page. I don’t do well with new people. I’m not much of a conversationalist and I tend to say/do stupid things when I’m nervous or tired. I typically try to avoid hanging with people I don’t know well because I feel like I’d be a nuisance or a burden to them. I love it when people come talk to me though. If someone takes the time to come over and say hi, that’s someone I could be friends with and talk to. In light of these circumstances, I didn’t do what I was asked for this prompt. However, I know perfectly well what it’s like to meet new people randomly. For me it’s very awkward and I tend to shut up like a clam. My hands usually are connected and start fidgeting, drawing intricate webs per say. I don’t speak unless asked to and I certainly don’t ask questions. This only takes place when I am in a relaxed environment. If I was in class and I was put with people I don’t know for a group, I work just fine. I’m still nervous but I tend to lead the conversation and distribute ideas. The difference is that I don’t actually have to “meet” these people, just work with them. Thus ends the random ramblings of Shane Buxman.

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting, I would have thought that you would be good at meeting new people. I know that the day I met you, you seemed friendly and outgoing. In fact, I was surprised to learn that you are introverted. This explains why you let people come to you during the day, you get around this by being open to people coming to talk to you. But, you need to understand that you make other people feel like they are going to bother you if they are the ones who are always instigating the interaction. Taking that step to say "hi" to your peers and friends shows them that you care, and helps the rest of us not feel like we might bother you.

    ReplyDelete